Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My First Educational Chat on Twitter!!

So, I participated (well, kind of participated, more observed) my first #scichat or first educational chat ever during my EDUC 573 class. (I promise I was participating in both the class and chat at the same time in case Dr. Spencer ever reads this!!)  Anyways, I was actually viewing the chat through tweetdeck and was going to switch over to tweetchat, but saw that the chat was actually going pretty slow, so I was able to keep up.  Some of my initial impressions after hearing about other classmates experiences was that I would be overwhelmed with the number of posts, but I felt ok observing.  The chat started off with people "trying" to suggest topics for the night.  I guess since there were not many people involved and for the time that I was there observing, they mainly talked about different engineering programs (I forget what it was called and I just tried to look up a transcript of the chat, but does that exist?  I thought it did somewhere).  Anyways, I hope to participate in either the #ipadchat or another #scichat in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment