Thursday, October 13, 2011

One Laptop per Child

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has heard about the guest speaker that will be at SOLES next Tuesday?  His name is Robert Hacker and he is the founder of "One Laptop per Child".  In my Tuesday class, we are voting on whether or not to go, so hopefully everyone votes yes!  I don't know too much about the program, but here is their mission from their website:

One Laptop per Child
We aim to provide each child with a rugged, low-cost, low-power, connected laptop. To this end, we have designed hardware, content and software for collaborative, joyful, and self-empowered learning. With access to this type of tool, children are engaged in their own education, and learn, share, and create together. They become connected to each other, to the world and to a brighter future.

2 comments:

  1. Our class is going to this next week. We are going to not only be inspired about the mission behind the "one laptop per chide" philosophy, however we are also looking into how to write curriculum for teachers who will be implementing this approach. I'm very excited to see it. Thanks for posting this, and I hope your class votes yes too :-P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! Hopefully we get to go!!!! Or hopefully if our class votes "no", my professor will let me go! lol

    ReplyDelete