Sunday, October 2, 2011

What is my passion??

While thinking of what I want to concentrate on for this class, I immediately thought about the grant that I wrote this summer in my Curriculum Innovations class on iPad's.  Since I have yet to start taking classes for my action research project (I plan on taking EDUC 500 this summer in Tokyo), I have not really thought about what I want to do, nor do I even know where to start with action research!!!  So, I have started looking at the #ipadchat &#scichat posts through tweetdeck and I have even started bookmarking websites related to using the iPad specifically in a science classroom.  I have done a little bit of research this past summer on the benefits of using an iPad in a Science classroom and have been gathering that information as well.  Of course, one of the challenges is sustainability and getting funding, but I think I have that covered with the grant that I wrote.  Now comes relating the iPad to a Science curriculum.  I guess one of my questions about our project is can I be specific in using the iPad to a specific subject or do I need to be more broad and say using an iPad in schools?

I would say that one of my passions is technology and I really do hope to learn more about technology education especially since I have transitioned from the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction to the M.Ed. in Math, Science, and Technology.  I think I would still like to go beyond just using the iPad as a technology tool in the Science classroom and maybe add more "personal" passions, but I am still thinking about that... but for now, here are some of my personal passions... Being outdoors, traveling, being healthy/eating healthy, and adult sports/exercising.

2 comments:

  1. Annie,

    I'm sure you will do great with your quest into iPads. If I could give a suggestion when it comes to looking for empirical research related to iPads in EDUC 500 and 580...try searching with "tablet" instead of "iPad". Most of the emprical stuff uses the generic term "tablet" and it will yield many more results:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I have no idea if I'm right or not, but I don't see why it would be a problem to specifically study Ipads and science, rather than just Ipads in the classroom. I think the only problem could possibly be that there might not be enough research material on a narrowed down topic vs. a more broad one but I don't see a problem with narrowing it down and doing a more specific research project.

    ReplyDelete